The Charlton Fire District #1 is the legal municipal government entity, governed by a Board of Fire Commissioners, that is responsible for fire protection for the residents and property located within the boundaries of the Fire District #1, located in the Town of Charlton. It is a separate entity from the Charlton Fire Company, which is a non-profit association of men and women who provide firefighting services to the Charlton Fire District #1.
The Board of Fire Commissioners of the Charlton Fire District #1 convenes for regular business meetings on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm at the firehouse.
The five members of the Board of Fire Commissioners, who receive no remuneration for their service, are responsible for the overall operation of the Fire District, including administration, firefighter training, public education, upkeep of the Fire District’s grounds and physical plant, procurement and maintenance of firefighting apparatus and equipment, maintenance of an emergency radio and alarm system, and procurement of insurance coverage including workers’ compensation and Volunteer Firefighters Benefit Law insurance coverage. The Board also determines the policies under which its mission is carried out.
The Board establishes an annual budget in order to accomplish these responsibilities. This budget is submitted to the Town of Charlton and the required taxes are collected for the Fire District by the Town. This Fire District tax differs from the voluntary donations solicited by the Charlton Fire Company, which help the association of volunteer firefighters operate their organization. By law, Fire District taxes cannot be used to pay for many of the expenses of operating the Charlton Fire Company. Charlton Fire District expenditures are governed by state and municipal laws, and the Fire District undergoes an annual audit of its finances.
|Board of Fire Commissioner Members||Administration|
|Jeff Voigt||Andrew La Patra, Treasurer|
|Amanda Gannon||Sharon Cronin, Secretary|
|Pete O’Brien (Chairman)||Terry Hannigan, District Counsel|
PO Box 1369, Ballston Lake, NY 12019 | Phone (518) 399-1967
- 2022 Charlton Fire District Adopted Budget
- Minutes Jan 4|Jan Org. Mtg| Jan 18|Feb 1|Feb 5|Feb 12|March 1|April 5| April 30| May 3|June 7|July 5|August 2|Sep 6|Oct 4|Budget Hearing|Nov 1|Dec 6
- 2021 Charlton Fire District Adopted Budget
- Minutes Jan 5|Jan Org. Mtg|Feb 2|March 2|April 6|May 4|June 1|July 13|Aug 3|Aug 17|Sept 7|Oct 5|Budget Hearing|Nov 2|Dec 7
- 2020 Charlton Fire District Adopted Budget
- Minutes Jan 7 | Jan Org. Mtg |Jan 21|Feb 4 |Feb 25th Special Mtg| Mar 3|April 7|May 5| June 2|June 16th Special Mtg|July 7|Aug 4| Sep 1|Oct 6|Budget Hearing|Nov 3| Dec 1
- 2019 Charlton Fire District Adopted Budget
- Minutes Jan 8 | Jan Org. Mtg | Feb 12|Mar 5 | April 2|May7| June 4|July 11|July 30|Aug 6| Sep 3| Sep 25th Special Mtg | Oct 1|Budget Hearing|Nov 5| Dec 3
- 2018 Charlton Fire District Adopted Budget
- Minutes Jan 2 |Jan Org. Mtg | Feb 6 | Mar 6 | April 3 | May 1 | June 5 | July 3 | Aug 7 | Sep 4 | Oct 2 | Oct 16th Budget Hearing | Nov 6 | Dec 4